Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 12

Finished! First book done. It's for my book club at the library which meets this Thursday - looking forward to that. I love the feeling of finishing a book and knowing that I can share and discuss it is exciting too.

It was "Very Valentine" by Adriana Trigiani. It's about a woman in NYC who is unmarried, 33yrs, a shoemaker in her family's company (since 1903), and her progression from apprentice to artist. It's very clever - I often laughed out loud. She is like Elaine Bennise meets Sarah Jessica Parker. The conversation in the book about sexuality is worldly but not descriptive. The descriptions otherwise are inteeligent and well placed. She skips over major details and would be boring and narrows in on other details that allows for great character development. She kept me interested.

Overall it was very entertaining and I look forward to reading more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment