Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 233

Just finished another book! Some might say, "great way to start September - finishing your first book for the month!" But I know that it is actually - bad way to end August...on the 3rd of September. Oh well. I'm still I think 2 or 3 books behind my goal, but with at least 4 other books started I'm sure I can crank out 3 books a month for 3 months.

What I read: The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews. This was Books-a-Million's August Faithpoint book club choice. It is a "blend of historical fact and engaging fiction" labeled as "self-help/motivational/inspirational" for the sake of the real people behind the story. Knowing that this story, although some of the details were of the author's imagination, was indeed true caused me to pause and realize that I cannot understand what life was like during WWII. I can't believe so many amazing life stories are hidden under blue hair!! :)

Read it!! Tell me what you think!
The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances

No comments:

Post a Comment