Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 247

Never Let You GoFinished the 3rd book for September! I think I'm on a roll. This one was the faithpoint book club selection for this month. I just love having books selected for me that are so different and quality. Like last months book club selection The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances, this months selection Never Let You Go was amazing and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Never Let You Go now takes first place on my list of favorite faithpoint fiction for this year - I like it even better than Crossing Oceans.
Classified as "fiction/Christian/Suspense" I would also call it a thriller. I read so often that I usually don't have those moments where "I just can't put it down" either because I have to because a child is in trouble or because I know I'll just pick it back up in the morning; this book, however, I could not put down last night. I kept Rob up and made him listen as I told him all about it last night.
From the back of the book:
A rare novel that will satisfy a wide range of readers, Never Let You Go explores the high-stakes decisions played out in the thin spaces between heaven and earth. As the enemy's grip tightens around Lexi, she will have to decide what's truly worth holding on to.
Here's another hint at the quality of this book (from the discussion guide in the book pg. 340 #9)
Angelo tells Lexi on more than one occasion to "listen to love." What does this advise mean to her at the beginning of her journey? How does it compare to her understanding of the wisdom at the end? How does Molly listen to love as a child compared to how Lexi must listen to it as an adult?
For me, this story of powerful forgiveness and love (the 1 Corinthians 13 kind) had the feeling of an allegory like The Pilgram's Progress. It still has me thinking of the reality of the unseen world and the truth: 1 John 4:4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

If you read it, let me know what you think!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment