Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 258

Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly Series, Book 1)I'm elated to report that I have finished another book! September has been a rockin' month for reading at my house! But before I tell what book I finished and before some of you roll your eyes, I must say that I was compelled to read this book because it was made into a movie. I saw the movie first and just wanted to know more. Come to find out the book was almost completely different! Most of the names were not the same, lots of new characters in the book, some of the characters were drastically different ages, and needless to say most of the details were changed. So, you must be wondering what it is that I read? Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly Series, Book 1) by Janette Oke. I read the original though copyright 1979, and I just saw that on my link here to the book it has a different copyright date and different number of pages! Hmm... I may have to pick up that book too and look for differences.
I can't tell you how much I was touched by the similarities in the last two books I've read. Look back one post about When Life Is Hard. I found myself looking at the face of "Marty" the woman in Love Comes Softly and thinking "she's learning James 1, 1 Peter 4, 2 Corinthians 12, and Hebrews 12"! She had to face her impossible situation, her grief, her hatred and pain, her responsibilities (a 2 year old and pregnancy), and her marriage to a man she just met and learn to live WITH it all and not run from it, criticize it, fold under it, or complain about it. In Love Comes Softly you get to see the inner struggle she faces and ultimately the blessing God provides her - even though he never takes any of her problems away! 
This book was deeply touching, and I hope you read it. Or if you already have, please tell me what was your favorite part. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment